1 Cup Packed Basil Mint
1 Cloves Garlic
1 Cup Greek yogurt or Persian drained yogurt
- Roughly chop the leaves on a chopping board.
- Place chopped herbs and garlic in a food processor bowl and process until smooth.
- Mix with yogurt and season well. Chill before serving.
1 Cup packed Spinach Leaves
1 Cup Yogurt
2 gloves of Garlic crushed
- Cook the spinach leaves with a little water in a small saucepan.
- Once cooled, squeeze the water out.
- Roughly chop the spinach (or for a dip finely chop)
- Mix with yogurt and garlic. Season with salt.
Kashk -e Bademjan Dip
2 gloves of Garlic
1/2 Cup Kashk ( Persian dried yogurt)or Greek Yogurt
1 Teaspoon Dried Mint
Olive or vegetable oil
salt and pepper
- Grill a whole eggplant on the stove (directly on the flame), if you have a gas stove. Otherwise, grill it on the BBQ or under an oven grill.
- Turn the eggplant every few minutes to cook it evenly until the skin has been burnt.
- Place it in a bowl and cover with cling film for easy peeling.Once cool, peel and roughly chop the eggplant.
- Fry onion with little oil until golden. Add the eggplant and fry for another few minutes.
- In a pan heat 1 table spoon oil. Add mint and remove from the heat immediately.
- Place eggplant mixture and garlic in a food processor bowl and process until smooth.
- Add the kashk and seasoning. Mix well.
- Drizzle the fried mint over the dip. Equally Delicious served hot or cold!