- Grill one large eggplant on the stove until the skin is completely burnt.
- Place the eggplant in a bowl and cover with clingfilm. This makes it easier to peel it later.
- Once cool, peel the eggplant and place it on a chopping board. With a kitchen knife, blade facing the board, mash the eggplant.
- Place in a bowl. Add the herb paste and verjuice. Salt and pepper to season.
- It is best to refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the eggplant soak in verjuice.
Equal quantities of Anise Basil and Parsley
SaltYou can still use the same old method of grinding the herbs and garlic with a stone in a back and forth motion on a chopping board, but now there is an easier way of making herb pastes. In a food processor bowl, place half quantities of basil and parsley. Add a few cloves of garlic and process until it turns into a paste. Alternatively, using an electric mincer is a better option as the herb pastes will not have strings left over in them.